Polyurethane Rebonding Service
- You can save yourself time and money by having your existing wheels rebonded at our factory
- Rebonding is the greener more economical alternative to purchasing new wheels.
- Re-cover your expensive wheel centers and save money.
- Incoming Inspection: Wheels received for repair are identified, marked with unique customer designation and the polyurethane hardness is measured. We verify hub composition and can process steel, aluminum hubs.
- Worn Urethane Removal: The old urethane is removed by applying just enough heat to break the adhesive bond between the urethane layer and the wheel hub. We never machine the old urethane off. Machining is faster, but you risk cutting into the wheel hub OD and damaging the hub integrity.
- Cleaning and Shot peening: The wheel hubs are cleaned in an environmentally friendly bath to remove all grease, dirt, and other contaminants and the wheels are blasted. The steel shot reduces surface stress and cleans the metal, leaving no residue to interfere with the adhesive bond.
- Adhesive Application: We have a selection of wheel adhesives that match the wheel’s required performance. For high speed amusement rides and heavy load industrial applications we will apply two layers of adhesive to prevent premature bond failure. The adhesive is applied in a controlled atmosphere free of contaminants.
- Polyurethane Selection: Based on their experience with thousands of wheels, our technicians choose the best Polyurethane and specific Wheel Hardness for your application. Some incoming wheels have signs of premature wear and/or heat damage. In those cases we will contact you to discuss the exact nature of on your application. We may recommend an increase in wheel diameter or urethane hardness. Either will increase load capacity.
- Polyurethane Casting and Curing: After the adhesive is applied to the wheel hub OD, we mix the chosen polyurethane prepolymer with a curative and the mixture is poured into a mold with the hub at its center. Great care is taken to prevent either air or water from becoming part of the mix.
- Industrial Wheels cures the polyurethane in convection ovens from 1 hour to 16 hours depending on the type of polyurethane. Convection curing increases the performance properties and life of the wheel.
- After curing, each wheel is visually inspected for air bubbles or contaminants in the urethane and we make sure there are no gaps between the polyurethane and the hub.
- Machining and Inspection: We manually machine the outer diameter of each wheel and can accommodate customer requests for; specific urethane thicknesses, side cuts, grooves, or concave or convex OD shapes.
- Each wheel is dimensionally inspected and the polyurethane hardness checked prior to shipment.
-: INQUIRY FORM :-
* Mandatory Fields